2010 Goals1. Cure my procrastination problem.
2. Find a way to deal with college costs.
3. Get organized.
4. Get new roof.
5. Eat right and exercise.
January Progress Report
1. I'm making some headway on organizing stuff, a good start. I got the car inspected a month ahead of time, for instance!
2. Don't ask! I am having a hell of a time getting a loan app through!
3. Today I am reducing one pile of mail crap. Throwing about half away, and filing the other half.
5. Doing pretty well on eating right, not so good on exercise. The weather has hurt that effort.
Net result - doing some good things, but I need to ramp it up!
1. Finish taxes.
2. Finish FAFSA.
3. Clean up filing system and make it usable.
4. Lick procrastination by getting the satisfaction of stuff done and over with - try to spend at least 5 minutes per day on checkbook, filing, tomboy notes, etc.
5. Get college and other finances under control.
February Progress Report
2. Half done.
3. Made some progress.
4. I lose motivation too often and fall way behind.
5. A work in progress.
March 28 Progress Report on Yearly Goals
Not good. I finished things with absolute deadlines, like FAFSA by 3/15, but that's about it. I am in the doldrums! Time to kick it back in gear, starting today with catching up on bills/filing.
July 24 Progress Report (long overdue!!)
1. Cure my procrastination problem. I think I am making some progress.
2. Find a way to deal with college costs. Loans and scholarships.
3. Get organized. Yay - I think I made major progress today.
4. Get new roof. No progress.
5. Eat right and exercise. Taking a back seat to financial and organizational manners right now, but I am doing ok.
September 26 Progress Report
1. Cure my procrastination problem. Fits and starts. This is a journey - I find that when things are good they are good, but when things get tough it easily gets out of control again. I think they key for me is to make sure I force myself to do at least SOMETHING every day, even if it is minor. As soon as I say tomorrow, well, that doesn't turn out very well at all.
2. Find a way to deal with college costs. Loans and scholarships. Needless to say, a major source of anxiety.
3. Get organized. Not good - a few steps ahead, a few more steps back. Currently struggling to get my computer back together after a hard disc crash.
4. Get new roof. No progress recently, another major source of anxiety.
5. Eat right and exercise. Still taking a back seat to financial and organizational manners right now. A small but niggling injury has taken me off track.
October 20 Progress Report
1. Slightly better - I've been reading snippets of "The Now Habit" by Neil Fiore, and it is a great book. I've gotten a few big tasks done, so I am feeling better about the whole thing.
2. Enjoying the post-bill free zone, but we need to trim costs to the bone.
3. I am feeling good about getting a new disc drive in the computer and getting back into a routine for bills and tasks.
4. No progress for a while.
5. A minor sprain has just about healed, so I should be able to get back to exercise very soon.